Friday, June 28, 2013

Coexist - A Review

Coexist (Keegan's Chronicles, #1)Coexist by Julia Crane
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

Warning: Spoilers
Ugh, I tried...I really, really tried.
I just couldn't do it, I couldn't even finish it, which is so very rare with me, I ALWAYS have to finish a book, no matter how awful. But a good friend helped me out and said "Life is too short to waste it on bad books" So, I quickly deleted it so I couldn't torture myself anymore.

The premise is great and the story had SO MUCH POTENTIAL! And there were some good parts that made me want to keep going, but what should have been the most heart stopping moments in the book, fell completely and utterly flat.

For example, when Keegan gets killed...I wasn't even sure what was happening. All I could think was "Huh?" The most anti-climatic killing off of a main character EVER.

And Thaddeous...If you are going to make a young character with an old soul...try not so young...I just can't buy into a 12 year old thinking and speaking and FIGHTING IN A DEADLY WAR like a 30 year old.

The initial interactions between Keegan and Rourke were boring. There should have been way more tension/passion/something there. But again, something that should have made my pulse spike, made me want to go to sleep instead.

The friends turning out to be shape shifters. There should have been way more build up there and clues. And why does Keegan not even know what a shape shifter is? She keeps asking them what they are. DUH!...stupid.

The war itself was very confusing. There was no interaction between the dark and the light before the war. It just happened. And if the kid had never had the vision, and if they had never gone there, it wouldn't have even happened. It made no sense. They had no plans to go to Ireland until he said "Hey, this is where it's going to happen"..Just stupid.

And this is where I finally decided to check out. The end of the war. Bright idea for the kid to invent a vision. Ok, I can roll with that. But, the Dark guy just saying "Good idea kid. Let's call a truce." Stupid. But what really threw me over the edge was "Hey, we called a truce, so now let's work together and hold hands and help out humans! Yay!" What?!?!? Beyond stupid!!!

Ugh, I'm done talking about this...to sum up...don't bother, seriously...

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment