Thursday, March 21, 2013

Pretty sure I'm going to reget this later...

Apparently this winter is never-ending.

The weather systems nearby did not get the memo that the first day of Spring was yesterday.

Somebody should fix that, anybody have their cell? Can you text them for me?

Why? Well, because, my children and I have had enough of the cold. We just want to go outside without taking 20 minutes to put on 3 extra layers of clothes, hats, gloves, boots, coats etc, etc, etc...

I have plans! Spring plans! Garden plans! Flower plans! Walkway plans! Plans! Plans that require NO SNOW!!

But, I digress, this is not my intention for this post...

I've been reading lots of posts lately regarding parenting and what not since being a stay at home mom, that's pretty much my main priority...parenting...

Making sure they have good manners, say please and thank you, share, manage their aggression when they get upset (which happens almost every 30 minutes with siblings), follow the rules, and the list could keep going, you get me, right?

Well, today (mostly because of the stupid cold, hence the rant above) is one of those days, where you let the "no running" and "no wrestling" rules slide and let them just have at it. And that's okay!!

I'm pretty sure that letting them be a little crazy today will not turn them into spoiled little monsters that don't listen to their parents and call them nasty names and whatnot.

Sometimes, it's okay to let go of the rules and have some fun. At home at least.

There are days that I'm pretty sure I'm failing at this whole "raising children" thing, because there ARE days where they don't listen, have the snarky attitude of a pms-ing 16-year-old girl, and act like they are kings of the world!

But, just when I'm feeling like a failure, we are at some family function or out in public somewhere, and sure enough, out come the polite little faces, the pleases and thank yous, and quiet demeanor and someone compliments me on what good kids they are, and I figure something must be sinking in, right?

So, today is a day of fun, laughter and craziness, be it inside or outside, and as long as Batman and Hulk are laughing and not screaming in pain, it's all good.

Rambling over...
The End.


No comments:

Post a Comment