Monday, October 7, 2013

Otherworld by Jared Wilson - A Disappointing Review

Otherworld: A NovelOtherworld: A Novel by Jared C. Wilson
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Word of the day: Disappointing

I was very disappointed in this book.

I am a big fan of Dean Koontz and Ted Dekker, and I love supernatural thrillers. I was hoping this would be up to par...boo, it wasn't.

The first chapter was super engaging, creepy, interesting and I got excited! But I was super disappointed that we never found out who "she" is or what happened to her, but I just now realized..."she" was the cow...ugh!
Whatever.

I enjoy stories being told from different points of view, but this was just confusing. Way too much bouncing around. It was hard to keep track.

The premise is good, but the storytelling was just not there. I could tell where it was going from pretty soon into the book and that's disappointing. I like to be surprised. Even will all the bouncing around, it was still straightforward, I could guess what's going to happen next.

It was a struggle to finish this book, but I powered through.
The spiritual message is a good one, but from a storytelling perspective, it was just (say it with me!) disappointing.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment